KODAK Media Products - Warranty
1. DEXXON Groupe Product Limited Warranty
The end user purchaser (“Consumer”) of the product should first contact their place of purchase (“Reseller”) to verify rather or not the Reseller will accept the Consumer under the Reseller return policy.
Should you not qualify for your Reseller return policy, the Consumer may apply for DEXXON Groupe’s non-transferable limited warranty in the conditions set herein. This should be done through the DEXXON Groupe website.
DEXXON Groupe limited warranty provides that the product is free from material physical defects in materials and workmanship when used with DEXXON Groupe’s user manuals, technical specifications, or any other guidelines published by DEXXON Groupe during the warranty period.As a reminder, the use of any DEXXON Groupe product should only be for the purpose for which it has been designed and under normal conditions.
DEXXON Groupe does not accept any liability for any improper use or any misuse of one of its products. DEXXON Groupe’s warranty will be strictly limited to the terms set forth herein. Liability on the malfunction will be decided by DEXXON Groupe solely after analysis of the defective product.
For Consumers, who are covered by consumer protection laws or regulations in their country of purchase or, if different, their country of residence, the benefits conferred by DEXXON Groupe’s herein limited warranty are in addition to all rights and remedies conveyed by such consumer protection laws and regulations, including but not limited to these additional rights.
The warranty provided herein shall be the sole and exclusive warranty. DEXXON Groupe disclaims any other warranties expressed or implied to the fullest extent of the law including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness or any other obligation on the part of the company with respect to products covered by this warranty. DEXXON Groupe shall have no liability for any incidental, consequential or special damages. In no event shall this warranty require more than the repair or replacement of any part or parts which are found to be defective within the effective period of the warranty.
2. Warranty Period
For EU countries, DEXXON Groupe provides a 2-year warranty* from the date of purchase for its products. For other countries, DEXXON Groupe provides a 1-year warranty* from the date of purchase for its products.
3. Warranty Application
In case you are not qualified for your Reseller’s return policy, you may apply directly for DEXXON Groupe limited warranty. With prior authorization of an agent from the DEXXON Groupe Customer Service Center, you will be asked to follow a precise procedure detailed by DEXXON Groupe support team. DEXXON Groupe Customer Service Center will require a proof of purchase of the product that indicates the price, location, date and Reseller.
DEXXON Groupe will, at its discretion and depending on each individual case, provide warranty service by either repairing or replacing the product with either a newly reconditioned or refurbished product of equal or greater capacity, or with another equivalent product.
4. Exclusions From Limited Warranty
This warranty does not extend to the purchase of opened, used, repaired, repackaged and/or resealed products, including but not limited to sale of such products on Internet auction sites and/or sales of such products by surplus or bulk resellers. Any and all shall immediately cease and terminate as to any products or parts thereof which are repaired, replaced, altered, or modified, without the prior express and written consent of DEXXON Groupe.
This warranty is effective only if the product is purchased and operated in the country in which the product is purchased. A product that requires modifications or adoption to enable it to operate in any other country than the country for which it was designed, manufactured, approved and/or authorized, or repair of products damaged by these modifications is not covered under this warranty.
DEXXON Groupe shall have no liability under the warranty in respect of:
Damage, defects, breakdown or malfunction due to one or more of the following:
- Failure to properly follow the installation process and instructions for use
- An external cause to the equipment (including but not limited to: lightning, fire, shock, vandalism, inappropriate conditions of electrical network or water damage of any nature)
- Modifications made without the written approval of DEXXON Groupe
- Unsuitable operating conditions, particularly of temperature and humidity
- Repair or maintenance of the equipment by persons not authorized by DEXXON Groupe
- Wear and tear from normal daily use of the equipment and its accessories
- The malfunction is the result of a lack of maintenance or proper cleaning of the unit,
- The replacement of accessories: Card adaptor.
- The replacement or repair of products resulting from slow oxidation
- Direct and indirect, material and immaterial damages as a result of product breakdown
- Improper use of electrical/power supply
- Dropped product
- Transportation damage
- Damage due to insufficient or bad packaging of equipment when returned to DEXXON Groupe
- Work on any equipment or software modified or added without the prior written consent of DEXXON Groupe
- Modification or evolution of the software used or in connection with the equipment carried out after the initial launch date of the equipment
- Malfunctions or damages resulting from the usage of products with other devices
- Defects resulting from usage of the product in conjunction with accessories that are not approved by DEXXON Groupe for use with this product or not approved by the accessories supplier
- Cosmetic damages such as scuff marks, scratches, cracks, and unglued or torn parts not detrimental to the proper functioning of the device
- The loss of removable parts, card adaptor.
- Speeds are given only as an indication with the mention “up to.” It shall not give rise to any claim. It is the maximum theoretical speed at which the product was originally tested.
- If speeds or size are not given, they shall not give rise to any claim
- According to the standard calculation mode of GB and the required formatting, there may be a difference in storage capacity between the true capacity and the capacity stated on the packaging. It shall not give rise to any claim.
- Any infections as a result of a virus or the product use with software not provided by DEXXON Groupe
The loss or deletion of data or application stored:
DEXXON Groupe will not be liable for indirect or consequential damage including the loss or deletion of data stored, as well as the damage to any applications following a restoration or failure of the product. The consumer should be reminded that it is their sole responsibility to back-up the data stored on the hard disk or internal memory of their device before the device is returned to the service department.
Non-DEXXON Groupe Branded Products / Third Party Products
DEXXON Groupe's Limited Warranty does not apply to products that are not DEXXON Groupe-branded, even if packaged or sold with DEXXON Groupe products. Non-DEXXON Groupe branded products may have the benefit of a manufacturer's warranty provided by the product manufacturer. Please see your product box and literature for details.
Therefore, DEXXON Groupe will in no way be held responsible, under any circumstances, for any damage of third-party products from the use with DEXXON Groupe product and any break of third-party product’s warranty.
Any other conditions whatsoever that are beyond the control of DEXXON Groupe.
- All third party software provided with DEXXON Groupe products is excluded from any warranty
- DEXXON Groupe will in no way be held responsible, under any circumstances at all, for loss of data
- DEXXON Groupe warranty is only for material. It is suggested that one regularly backs up their personal data.
- DEXXON Groupe will not be held responsible for the access conditions of web-based services, links to services or any disruption related to the delivery of links or services
- (1) A DEXXON Groupe technician will examine each returned product and, at DEXXON Groupe’s own discretion, determine the status of the product (DOA or other product failure) and will proceed to repair or replace it
- (1) All products without confirmed failure will be returned at the dealer’s own expense
- (1) Accessory replacement is not considered “product failure”
- (1) The term “dead on arrival” (DOA) will be applied only to products that need specific components replaced or repaired, which means the product has a manufacturing defect. Apart from all legal obligatory rules, these products will have to be returned within 10 days after acquisition.
- DEXXON Groupe will in no way be held responsible, under any circumstances, for indirect, consequential or accessory damages
(1) Applicable to dealers